- "The Kingdon Guide to African Mammals" - Jonathan Kingdon published by A&C Black, London
- "Birds of Kenya and Northern Tanzania" - Dale Zimmerman & Ors Published by Princeton University Press
Of course, they will add about 2 Kgs to your baggage and lighten your wallet by US$ 85 - but it is well worth the effort and expense!
Some useful websites:
- Bombay Natural History Society has many interesting activities for those interested in nature. Besides, they are actively involved in research and conservation efforts in the country. Visit their website at http://www.bnhs.org/
- Africanquest which organsed our entire itinerary at the Kenyan end http://www.africanquest.co.ke/
- Another good site that gives comprehensive info about travel in Africa is http://www.go2africa.com/